Thursday, August 14, 2008

Mint

It's "refreshing money management." Cute. But cuteness aside, Mint is seriously helping me get my finances in order. It's seriously easy to use, it's free, and it helps you stay on top of your budgets. I spent about 5 minutes plotting in a couple different screen names and passwords yesterday, and all of a sudden my financial life was in front of me. Since I was at work I didn't have all my account numbers in front of me, so i'll be getting to those this weekend, but let me tell you: I am completely impressed by how easy this program is to use. Plus I'm a sucker for statistics, and Mint is full of useful analytics. You can also set email and mobile alerts for when you're exceeding your personal budgets, have a low balance, need to pay a bill, etc.

The only downside: you're reminded you're spending way too much on wine.

No comments: